Syracuse at the Meadowlands
The Notre Dame Club of Northern NJ will be hosting a tailgater at lot M1 of Met Life Stadium before the Syracuse game on September 27th, from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM. Food and drink will be provided! We need to know if you'll be joining us, we need some volunteers, and we need to share some important info with you about where and when.
We anticipate that the ND cheerleaders will make an appearance at approximately 6:00 (depending on their schedule). We are asking for a $20/person donation to offset our costs ($10/child under 15). Your donations will be accepted in advance by check or PayPal, or you may donate on gameday. Any proceeds will be divided among the Club's scholarship fund, the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (one of our members is walking) and local charity Oasis, a women and children's safe-haven in Paterson, NJ.
- Let us know you are coming! We need your help trying to figure out how much food/beverage we should get. In order to help us estimate, if you intend on coming, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how many folks will attend. We are going to try to accommodate everyone, but if we have to cut off due to excessive response, we will do so by separate announcement.
- Donations by check - Please make checks payable to the ND Club of Northern NJ, c/o Chris Frick, 603 Woodfield Road, Wyckoff, NJ 07481.
- Donations by PayPal - Please send PayPal funds to membership@NDClubnorthjersey.com. Please include in the note section your name and the number of attendees. Otherwise, we will have no way of knowing that you have donated when you arrive.
- EXACT Location - MetLife has confirmed that lot M will be available for general parking. We intend to set up in area M1 close to the racetrack wall (near the "West Grandstand" entrance of the old Meadowlands racetrack). We will have a new, blue Notre Dame tent set up among several other tents provided by volunteers. I will hang a Notre Dame flag with a dog toy attached to it (in honor of the Alumni Dogs). It will not be incredibly high up, so don't be looking for it walking from 3 lots over, but at least when you get close, you should be able to find us. If for some reason, we do not get prime spot in M1, we will progress to M2, M3, and M4 respectively along the race track wall. So, if you don't see us in M1, walk along the wall and check to M2, etc. We will also tweet the location via Twitter with photos. Check for tweets by @frickerdog at approximately 3:00-3:30.
A map of the MetLife Parking areas can be found HERE.
- Volunteers - We need volunteers in the following areas:
- Anyone who can "caravan" into the MetLife lot from Wyckoff to permit us to have as wide a berth as possible for this event. We will leave Wyckoff at 2:30 armed with all tailgating supplies (food, drink, tents, etc.) so larger vehicles with cargo space are preferred. If you can assist, please e-mail email@example.com
- We need help collecting donations, giving out wristbands, setting up, cooking, working coolers, and breaking down as much as possible between 6:30 and kickoff. If you can donate 30 minutes or an hour of your time to help us during pre-game, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Things we still need - We are still looking for large coolers, pop-up canopy tents and a music system/boom-box. E-mail email@example.com if we can borrow from you.
Stanford Bus Trip
Once again, the Club will run a bus trip from New Jersey to South Bend for a marquee game. This year's game is none other than the dread Fighting Shaws themselves, the Stanford Cardinal. It's getting pretty late, but there's an outside chance you'd still be able to get a spot or two. Contact trip organizer Nick Grosch (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
Young Alumni Mini-Golf
Attention Young alumni! Do you want to do something different next week? The Notre Dame Club of Northern NJ has rented the mini golf course at Hoboken Golf miniature golf course at 125 Grand Street (between 1st and 2nd) in Hoboken from 7:00 to 8:00 on Tuesday, August 19. Our young alumni coordinator, Chrissy Tofani, will host the event. This is a rain-or-shine event, so come out and enjoy the fun!